When you enroll your student in school, we collect information to allow us to best serve and care for your student while they are in our schools. The information we need to collect includes items such as the educational background on your student, addresses, and phone numbers to contact you, and emergency contacts for when you cannot be reached. Completing the necessary forms when in a busy school office can be stressful, so we created a way to fill in the proper forms and print them to bring with you to your child's school when you enroll them.
The link below opens a new window with Cabell School's Online Enrollment Form. Please keep two things in mind about these forms:
- Cabell County does not save any information you enter.
- Print the form it generates to bring with you to the school.
Your child will be enrolled after you bring the enrollment forms and necessary items listed below to the school office. If you do not print and bring the enrollment forms to the school, you will be required to complete them again. Once you have finished printing them, you may save the forms to your computer for personal use by clicking on the Save Button (which looks like a floppy disk) or simply close the window.
As a reminder, Cabell County Schools does not save the information you have entered through the Online Enrollment Process, so once you close the window or refresh the page, that information will be lost.
Items to Bring
If your child has never been enrolled in a West Virginia school, please also bring:
- Immunization record
- Social Security Card
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate from the State Vital Statistic Office (County birth records are not sufficient)
ADVANCED ENTRANCE INTO KINDERGARTEN
The following procedure will be used to implement the provision for advanced entrance into kindergarten of Cabell County Board of Education – Policy 5112.
- Parent of child to be five (5) years of age between July 1 and August 31 will contact the principal of the school to be attended to request advanced entrance.
- The school must have room for children who are making application for advanced entry. We must first enroll those children who were born prior to July 1. In most cases, we will not know what the regular enrollment will be until after school starts. EARLY ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL AFTER THE FIFTH DAY OF SCHOOL ENROLLMENT. The school will try to notify you as early as possible as to whether your child may start to school.
Early entries will be excluded at any time during the school year in order to make room for new students who live within the school district and are five (5) years of age prior to July 1.
- Child to be five (5) years of age will be evaluated by observation through participation in the school’s kindergarten program for a minimum of one week.
- Observation of the child’s participation in the school kindergarten program will be for the purpose of permitting the child to demonstrate sufficient mental and physical competence for kindergarten placement.
- Child’s participation in kindergarten will be observed by a team, consisting of any or all of the following professionals.
- Kindergarten teacher
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- Speech therapist – speech, language and hearing
- Nurse – vision
- Child’s placement will be determined by the observation/evaluation of the child by school personnel.
- Parent conference will be held to discuss school personnel findings, recommendations and child’s placement status.
- All decisions by school personnel will be final.