Cabell Virtual Learning Academy Registration
Cabell Virtual Learning Academy (CVLA) enrollment is now underway for the 2022-2023 school year. Parents or guardians may complete registration forms online by visiting the Cabell County Schools website, www.cabellschools.com. Registration should be completed by August 5, 2023, at 11:59 PM.
With CVLA, Cabell County Schools offers off-campus virtual learning for students in kindergarten through the 12th grade. The customized public school program provides a comprehensive option for families who choose to approach education within their own home.
Traditional home-schooled students may take courses through a part-time program. CVLA also offers a full-time student option, which allows students to earn a diploma from Cabell Midland High School or Huntington High School.
Full-time Cabell County virtual students:
- Receive instruction from state-certified Cabell County teachers in core classes and related arts (K-8)
- Receive use of an Apple device
- Follow the Cabell County Public Schools calendar
- Have access to a school counselor
- Receive special education services (as appropriate)
- Are eligible to participate in activities and athletics at their zoned Cabell County schools
- Receive report cards
- Take accredited courses
Cabell County full-time virtual students are required to participate in state-mandated assessments.
For more information, please contact Joe Thacker, Coordinator of Virtual Learning, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (304) 528-5098.