The Office of Federal Programs supports the successful implementation of Title I, Part A, Title II, Part A, Title III, Part A, and Title IV. The Purpose is to promote student achievement by increasing local capacity to ensure educational opportunities that meet the diverse needs of all students.
Title I provides financial assistance to LEAs (Local Education Agencies) and schools with high numbers or percentages of poor children to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. LEAs target Title I funds to schools with the highest percentages of children from low-income families. Cabell County Schools operates a school-wide program that focuses on all students within the school. Additionally, the county must offer to utilize Title I funds are used o provide academic enrichment services to eligible children enrolled in private schools.
The purpose of Title II is to provide funds that support the following:
- increase student achievement consistent with the challenging State academic standards;
- improve the quality and effectiveness of teachers, principals, and other school leaders;
- increase the number of teachers, principals, and other school leaders who are effective in improving student academic achievement in schools; and
- provide low-income and minority students great access to effective teachers, principals, and other school leaders
This is achieved through the recruitment, retention, and retraining of highly effective teachers, the enhancement of parental engagement, and the facilitation of high-quality professional learning.
The purpose of Title III is to promote student achievement by increasing the local capacity to support English Language learners in attaining English proficiency and meaningfully access challenging curricular and extracurricular programs.
The purpose of Title IV is to
- provide all students with access to a well-rounded education;
- improve school conditions for student learning;
- improve the use of technology in order to improve the academic achievement and digital literacy of all students.
Federal Program Staff
Kelly L. Watts
Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and Leadership
Executive Secretary of Federal Programs
Executive Director of Elementary Schools
Cabell County School and District Strategic Plan Review and Public Comments
- Below you will find the Cabell County Schools Strategic Plan and individual school strategic plans:
To comment on a school or the Cabell County Strategic Plan click here.