Educational Excellence Summit
Cabell County Schools is pleased to announce registration is now open for a special professional development opportunity for its instructional staff. The district will conduct its first-ever Educational Excellence Summit June 7-9, 2022, at the Mountain Health Network Arena in Huntington, West Virginia.
This national-style conference will feature keynote addresses from a variety of educational experts. The first speaker, Ron Clark, will kick off the summit with a keynote address June 7, 2022, at 8:00 AM in the Convention Center Ballroom. Clark is well-known for helping students from all income levels find academic success. That work is the basis of a film about his life, starring Matthew Perry, titled "The Ron Clark Story," and can be viewed on Amazon Prime.
In addition to daily keynotes, educators will be able to choose their own staff development from a menu of approximately 100 high-quality breakout sessions led by Cabell teacher leaders as well as district partners.
Cabell teachers who register for and attend a full schedule of sessions are eligible to receive a stipend and to participate in sponsored giveaways. Ultimately, summit organizers say they hope teachers will leave refreshed and reinvigorated with new and exciting material to begin the 2022-23 school year.
To register, teachers will need to download the Guidebook app, which can be found at the following link: https://guidebook.com/g/cabellsummit2022
How to use Guidebook:
- Download the Guidebook app. A link to the Apple and Google Play downloads can be found at https://guidebook.com/g/cabellsummit2022.
- Open Guidebook and look for the "Educational Excellence Summit 2022" guide.
- You will be brought to the "General Info" page. In the top left-hand corner, click on the three lines. You will see a list of items.
- To register for individual breakout sessions, click on "Schedule - Register Here!"
- You can specify the date of the conference (June 7, 8, or 9th) at the top of the screen.
- To choose your breakout sessions, you will click on the plus sign located to the right of the session.
- Please make sure you schedule for the full day.
- To check your daily schedule, click on "My Schedule."
- You can edit your schedule if you change your mind.
The daily conference schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, June 7
- Registration: 8:00-8:30 AM
- Opening Ceremony: 8:30-10:30 AM
- Book Signing/Meet and Greet: 10:30-11:00 AM
- Lunch: 11:00 AM -12:15 PM
- Breakout Session 1: 12:15 -1:05 PM
- Breakout Session 2: 1:15-2:05 PM
- Breakout Session 3: 2:15-3:05 PM
Wednesday, June 8
- Keynote Speaker 8:00-10:10 AM
- Breakout Session 1: 10:20-11:20 AM
- Lunch: 11:20-12:35 PM
- Breakout Session 2: 12:35-1:35 PM
- Breakout Session 3: 1:45-2:45 PM
- Breakout Session 4: 3:00-4:00 PM
Thursday, June 9
- Breakout Session 1: 8:00-9:00 AM
- Breakout Session 2: 9:10-10:10 AM
- Breakout Session 3: 10:20-11:20 AM
- Lunch: 11:20 AM-12:45 PM
- Breakout Session 4: 12:45-1:45 PM
- Closing Keynote: 2:00-3:30 PM
For more information about the Cabell County Schools Educational Excellence Summit, please contact Gina Barnett, NBCT and School Improvement Supervisor, by calling (304) 528-5063 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.