Cabell Virtual Learning Academy (CVLA) enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year is now open. Parents or guardians may complete registration forms online by visiting the following 2023-2024 grade-level links:
With CVLA, Cabell County Schools offers off-campus virtual learning for students in kindergarten through the 12th grade. The customized public school program provides a comprehensive option for families who choose to approach education within their own home.
Traditional home-schooled students may take courses through a part-time program. CVLA also offers a full-time student option, which allows students to earn a diploma from Cabell Midland High School or Huntington High School.
Full-time Cabell County virtual students:
- Receive instruction from state-certified Cabell County teachers in core classes and related arts (K-8)
- Receive use of an Apple device
- Follow the Cabell County Public Schools calendar
- Have access to a school counselor
- Receive special education services (as appropriate)
- Are eligible to participate in activities and athletics at their zoned Cabell County schools
- Receive report cards
- Take accredited courses
Cabell County full-time virtual students are required to participate in state-mandated assessments.
For more information, please contact Joe Thacker, Coordinator of Virtual Learning, by email at email@example.com or by calling (304) 528-5098.