Are you having issues using SmartFind Express in your Internet Explorer browser? Issues like pages not rendering correctly or buttons that are missing or have no text in them? Here are a few suggestions to try to get things working for you.
However, Keep in Mind the issue is not related to SFE but the Browser’s settings.
Try this first:
- Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Go to your SmartFind Express login page.
- In your address bar, you should see an icon that looks like a broken piece of paper. This icon is used to invoke an Internet Explorer feature called Compatibility View. Click this icon. (If you cannot see the icon, go to the Tools pulldown menu, select Compatibility View Settings, and click the Add button to add your SFE web site to the list of web sites for which you use compatibility view, then click Close.
For most people this will restore all SmartFind Express web functionality. There are some people for which this will not be a fix for their problem. If you’re still having problems…
Try this second:
- Open Internet Explorer 10.
- Go to Internet Options on your computer (this should be a cog/wheel icon on the top right of your Internet Explorer screen or you can find it under the Tools pulldown).
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- Under the Advanced Tab you should see the following settings:
"Accelerated graphics" - underneath it there should be a box which you can check which reads:
"Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering". Check this box.
- Click Apply, then close the Internet Options box.
- RESTART YOUR PC.
- Return to SmartFind Express.